Join the Team
Account Manager/Project Manager
Our team is looking for a full-time Account/Project Manager to serve as the primary point of contact for our clients. This person thrives in a fast-paced environment and welcomes challenging scenarios with tact, poise and a level head.
To be successful in this role, you must have strong interpersonal and communication skills, along with a few years of previous account management experience at an agency. *No exceptions* Our company is growing and we are looking for someone who can hit the ground running.
What we do
At Obu Interactive, we gain deep satisfaction from knowing that our marketing efforts have the potential to change a person’s life.
Imagine that you are at a client meeting and are hearing stories of victims of sexual assault or workplace harassment. Suppose you are reading lead reports from a parent or grandparent who was unknowingly sold a defective prosthetic hip by a billion-dollar corporation forcing them to endure painful surgeries and limiting their mobility.
As you can tell, the nature of our work can be heavy on the heart. We work hard for an industry that helps bring justice to victims across the U.S.; We work with lawyers.
Still interested? Awesome.
Breakdown of Account Manager/Project Manager time commitments:
|TASK||DESCRIPTION||% OF TIME|
|Account Management||Manage new and recurring client accounts, act as the main point of contact for all clients||65%|
|Project Management||Assist our full-time project manager to create tasks and monitor teams progress to ensure project scopes are met and on budget||35%|
Account Manager duties include, but not limited to:
- Serves as the liaison between our clients and the team, and the primary point of contact for our clients. In order to do this effectively, we require the following:
- You must learn about the legal business model, our clients’ legal services and factors impacting their ability to take on cases.
- You must learn about our advertising techniques and our offerings.
- Finally, you must be able to deliver the good (and bad news) to clients and be able to answer questions with confidence.
- Represent our clients during marketing meetings to ensure clients receive what they ask for as part of their contractual agreement. In order to do this effectively, we look for the following:
- Ability to balance the needs of the client against our agency’s bottom line.
- Ability to handle the timeline of tasks and constant reorganization of priorities.
- Ability to follow-up with clients on time, with a summary of progress and any updates or questions necessary to move forward with project completion.
- Work with Sales to foster client relationships
- Prepare pitch decks and marketing materials, whenever appropriate
- Create proposals and SOWs (Statement of Work) for prospective clients
- This will require some brief research on their target audience or campaign brief.
- Create monthly lead reports for all clients
- Work with our paid media manager to monitor budgets, media spending and contracts that are near completion.
- Create, send, and manage invoices on Quickbooks for new and recurring clients.
Project Manager duties include, but not limited to:
- Assist our full-time project manager on the creation and monitoring of tasks to ensure all projects are completed well and on time
- Offboard new accounts and projects to our project manager and work collaboratively on the timelines and execution of those tasks
- Support our CEO on one-time task creations and ensure task descriptions are thorough and digestible to team members
A note on leadership style: The Account Manager/Project Manager should have a strong and confident yet nonaggressive leadership style. Balancing the needs of our clients (who are lawyers) and a busy marketing team is a tough job, so this person should know when to push and when to simmer.
To be considered, we request that you have:
- 2+ years of proven work experience as a client-facing account manager at an agency, no exceptions*
- Must be able to handle multiple accounts and tasks with tact
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be proactive and a self-starter. We admire those with an entrepreneurial spirit!
- Strong analytical skills and a keen interest in business and accounting
- Team spirit; strong communication and collaborative skills
- Strong time-management skills
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or relevant experience
- Familiarity with the legal, pharmaceutical or medical fields (preferred)
- Working knowledge of Asana and Slack (preferred)
- Working knowledge of Quickbooks and Salesforce (preferred)
Qualities we’re looking for:
- Passion for connecting with people
- Strives for producing high-quality work (we don’t tolerate otherwise)
- A team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary
- Autonomous and collaborative working skills
- Self-motivation & professional development goals
- A deceased ego, open to receiving feedback from the team
- Practices superior time management
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to client-facing communication, able to demonstrate why our ideas are analytically sound
Perks of Joining Obu
- The Remote Work Lifestyle. We are currently 100% remote due to the Covid19 pandemic. For applicants living in the San Diego area, we would request coming into our local office one day a week (post-Covid)!
- We also offer remote working options during extended travel. We’ve worked from Saudi Arabia to Japan!
- Professional Development. Ready to grow your skillset and add to your toolbelt? We’ll support you 100% and even help pay for training.
- 100% Medical Coverage after 60 days of being on board full time, plus a competitive salary.
- A Healthy Work Culture. We foster an environment where all are safe to learn, ask questions, and be treated with dignity in their respective roles.
- Become a Leader at a Growing Company that’s ready to listen to your ideas and trust you with the responsibility you’re looking for.
How do I apply?
Please complete the form located on the sidebar of this page. You will be required to submit your resume and cover letter, along with your contact information.
In your cover letter, we ask that you include your salary requirements as well as the reasons why you believe you are the best fit for this position. *Please include an explanation if you worked for less than a year at more than one position.
We will check references, conduct a background check, and have lots of questions!
Equal AF opportunity employer
Serious inquiries only
Job Type: Full-time
Location: 100% Remote
Salary: Competitive, DOE