Join the Team
Freelance Web Developer
About Our Firm
Obu Interactive is a digital marketing agency that specializes in full-stack services for law firms and attorneys. The nature of our work can weigh heavily on the heart and mind, but we gain satisfaction knowing that our marketing efforts have the potential to change someone’s life.
Imagine you are writing to someone who was a victim of a sexual assault or workplace harassment. Or suppose your content reaches a parent or grandparent who was knowingly sold a defective prosthetic hip by a billion-dollar corporation forcing them to endure painful surgeries and limiting their mobility. These are just a couple of ways we help deliver justice through legal marketing across the nation. We work extremely hard to connect victims of personal injury to honorable lawyers. We change lives and we love what we do.
We’re a fun-loving, tight-knit group that believes in the power of digital storytelling, data-driven strategies, and a purposeful mindset.
We’re in search of a Web Development Contractor with at least 5 years of experience. This person will collaborate with our team in providing full-stack support.
What We are Looking For You To Do For Us
- Build, develop, and customize client and internal websites with WordPress and Webflow
- Create/Customize WordPress plugins following coding standards and best practices
- Identify web design and user interface problems and create solutions to remedy these issues – Translating designs (PSD, AI, XD) into functional Web interfaces
- Integrate third-party APIs & technologies with WordPress
- Adapt to new technologies and standards as needed
- Optimize existing code using best practices and Obu SOPs
- Collaborate with team members; listen to constructive feedback and consider alternative options based on data first, then opinion.
- Troubleshoot problems with site performance or user experience
- 5+ experience as a programmer, developer, web engineer, or equivalent
- Ability to liaison with non-programmers
- Responsive Web development and QA
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Familiarity with Zapier
- Salesforce Developer
- Expert knowledge of WordPress themes and plugins
- Expert knowledge of Webflow CMS
- Experience in optimizing site speeds including image optimization and Google’s Core Web Vitals
- Familiarity with Unbounce as a landing page development tool
What to Expect in the Interview Process
Step 1. A Web Development Survey will be conducted for us to understand more of your experiences and work history. (~20 minutes)
Step 2. Our People Operations team will invite you to a phone interview. (~30 minutes)
Step 3: You will meet with a panel of our team members to share experiences and learn more about the opportunity to work with us. (~45 minutes)
Step 4: A decision will be made based on the completion of these recruitment steps.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity
We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our human capital is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company’s achievement as well. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
JOIN us. Apply today.
Start by filling out the form below.