Join the Team
Jr. Project Manager
Looking to work for an agency that spends more time (and money) on planning extravagant company retreats and Taco Tuesday happy hours? Well, if that’s the case then we’re not the company for you.
The people we are trying to reach just lost their homes in Northern California fires or were knowingly sold a defective hip by a billion-dollar company. They might have been T-boned driving their kids to school this morning or sexually harassed while at work.
We work hard for an industry that helps bring justice to victims across the U.S.; We work with lawyers.
We’re a legal marketing agency and our motto is “Obu or die trying.” Our core people are self-starters who bust their butts to get the task done and take pride in exceptional quality. Many who have come through our doors have moved on to Qualcomm, Intuit, Facebook, Hulu, Ford Motor Company, Apple, and Amazon. Obu is a place to get experience when your drive and work ethic is paramount, but perhaps you don’t have all the connections for the company of your dreams just yet.
Obu works with different types of lawyers. We help those who are in need of an attorney find one with a history of client service and ethical representation.
Want to learn more about paid search marketing, display marketing, search engine optimization, content creation, or analytics? These are just a few of our core competencies.
A Typical Work Day
All days begin with a large coffee (or tea or pre-workout) and there are no slow days. When we come to work it’s about productivity, not ping pong tables. When we’re done with our tasks we get back to enjoying life, whether that includes mountain bike riding, catching that elusive wave, spending time with family, or a doubles tennis match. Whatever floats your boat, as long as you’re a professional in the office, we’ve got your back.
Our culture is a “work and grow” culture. And if you reach a place where the next stage of growth for you is another company, we will help make it happen.
If you can’t tell, we’re direct and don’t have time for BS. Still interested? Awesome.
Our Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for someone to help “steer the ship” by ensuring members of the team understand priorities, roadblocks, and assign accountability.
- Responsible for entering, managing, and completing tasks through their life cycle in Asana and documenting time tracking in Harvest. Prioritizes tasks based on team needs, including “Fire Queue” tasks which may be urgent.
- Reviews team progress and stays informed of development to ensure best practices and client expectations are being met (daily check-in).
- Communicates individual progress to team members, including whether it may require change or improvement
- Assigns necessary tasks prior to Kick-Off Meetings (KOMs)
- Provides Quality Assurance on content and design deliverables by providing feedback to the appropriate team member
- Collaborates well with the Account Manager, People Operations Manager, Development Team, and Designers
- Assists the CEO and COO/CTO with daily administrative duties and completes a broad variety of administrative tasks
- 2+ Years of Project Management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be autonomous and work well independently as well as part of a team
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic & goal-oriented
- Open to receiving feedback form the team
- Obsessed with details but also able to think big picture – for example, you noticed there is a typo in the line above
- Experience using Slack or other task management system
- Understanding of WordPress, Webflow, Asana, Slack, or similar systems
- Prior agency experience
Why Join Obu?
At Obu Interactive, we believe that mediocrity is pointless. Maybe your passion isn’t personal injury law, but it is seeing a project through from beginning to end. It should matter to you that the person viewing our work is relying on it to help them make a potentially life-changing decision.
Since you’ve made it this far, here are a few benefits and perks that are included:
- 100% Paid Health, Dental & Vision
- Flex-time & Work From Home
- Excellent PTO plans + 5 days Paid Sick Leave
- And more we can discuss
How Do I Apply?
If you like what you’ve read and want to chat about joining Obu’s team, here’s how to apply:
- Send us a message in a cover letter and a resume of your work history, and salary requirements
- Include a few of your favorite blogs and sites as well as how you intend to fulfill your personal achievements in the next 12-24 months
- Did you play sports in college, hold leadership positions, or build homes for the underprivileged? Heck yeah, you should be proud and tell us about it
- Include a picture of yourself on a recent or favorite trip if you wish
- If you worked for less than a year at more than one position, please provide an explanation.
Your resume will not be considered unless you provide the information above. We will check references, conduct a background check, and have lots of questions!
Note that many of the job postings you have seen don’t mention a salary but stay vague about your livelihood and how you will be able to afford a living. We told you we don’t have time for BS and can’t imagine you do either: $50,000 to start.
Equal opportunity employer
Serious inquiries only
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 annually
JOIN us. Apply today.
Start by filling out the form below.