Join the Team
Obu Interactive is looking for a full-time SEO Manager to devise, execute and report monthly SEO strategies for all clients. This person understands how to engage our target audience and optimize websites for search engines.
What we do
At Obu Interactive, we gain deep satisfaction from knowing that our marketing efforts have the potential to change a person’s life. If you’re not sure what we mean, imagine that you’re writing to someone who just lost their home in the Northern California fires, or was knowingly sold a defective prosthetic hip by a billion dollar corporation. If you have a genuine concern for helping people, you’ll fit right in. We work hard for an industry that helps bring justice to victims across the U.S.; we work with lawyers.
As you can tell, the nature of our work can be heavy on the heart. However, we like to balance it out with a friendly, casual atmosphere and plenty of gifs exchanged through Slack.
Still interested? Awesome.
What you’ll do:
- Execute website audits while clearly explaining the process and tools involved
- Identify SEO needs and offer insight for correcting, optimizing and improving them
- Manage and execute on all technical SEO resolution efforts to improve site health and performance
- Create SOPs on SEO guidelines
- Provide local SEO strategy & recommendations for optimization
- Uncover and implement schema and snippet opportunities
- Perform effective competitive research, keyword research & analyses
- Collaborate with the Content Strategist to prepare detailed strategy reports and on-page optimization
- “Big picture” evaluations and link building opportunities, including minimizing poor link structures
To be considered, we ask that you have:
- 3+ years of experience as an SEO Manager or similar role, preferably at an agency, using SEO Tools SEMRush, Ahrefs, Majestic, Moz Pro, Moz Local, GA, GSC, and the like
- Expertise in A/B and other testing methods
- A Google Analytics Certification
- 3+ years of link building experience
- 2+ years of experience using WordPress
- Familiarity with the legal, pharmaceutical or medical fields (preferred)
- An understanding or interest in PPC (preferred)
Qualities we’re looking for:
- An eagerness for SEO and all things internet marketing
- Autonomous and collaborative working skills
- Self-motivation & professional development goals
- A deceased ego, open to receiving feedback from the team
Perks of Joining Obu
- The Remote Work Lifestyle, including three work-from-home days a week, plus remote working options during extended travel. We’ve worked from Saudi Arabia to China!
- Professional Development. Ready to grow your skillset and add to your tool belt? We’ll support you 100% and even help pay for training.
- 100% Medical & Dental Coverage after 60 days of being onboard full-time, plus a competitive salary.
- A Healthy Work Culture. We foster an environment where all are safe to learn, ask questions and be treated with dignity in their respective roles.
- Free Parking Downtown! Don’t worry about finding a place for your wheels when you come to work – we’ve got you!
- Become a Leader at a Growing Company that’s ready to listen to your ideas and trust you with the responsibility you’re looking for.
How do I apply?
Please email a resume of your work history, your salary requirements and a unique message in a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “SEO Manager” in the subject line. *Include an explanation if you worked for less than a year at more than one position.
We will check references, conduct a background check, and have lots of questions!
Equal AF opportunity employer
Serious inquiries only
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Location: Full-time remote possible