Join the Team
Mid-Level SEO Specialist
Obu Interactive is looking for a full-time, mid-level SEO specialist who is passionate, loves learning the latest trends and is a natural marketer.
What we do
Imagine that you’re writing to someone who just lost their home in the Northern California fires, or was knowingly sold a defective prosthetic hip by a billion dollar corporation. They might have been t-boned driving their kids to school this morning or sexually harassed on the job.
As you can see, the nature of our work can be heavy on the heart. This position requires someone with a genuine concern for helping people find a qualified attorney to meet their needs. We work hard for an industry that helps bring justice to victims across the U.S.; We work with lawyers.
Quite simply, we do not have “slow” days. When we’re on the clock, it’s about productivity – not ping pong tables. Once our work is done, we get back to enjoying life, whether that be with powerlifting, taking your mini poodle to the dog park or a doubles tennis match. Whatever floats your boat! As long as you’re professional when it’s time to work, we’ve got your back. We also have a “work and grow” culture. But unlike a lot of other places, if you reach a place where your next stage of growth is at another company, we’ll support you – not shun you.
If you can’t tell, we’re direct and don’t have time for BS.
Still interested? Awesome.
What you’ll do
Obu Interactive is looking for someone who understands how to engage our target audience and optimize websites for search engines. The primary role of the Mid-Level SEO Specialist will be devising and executing monthly SEO strategies for all clients.
The SEO Specialist’s duties will include:
- Executing website audits
- Utilizing and clearly explaining the process and tools to conduct audits
- Identifying and prioritizing matters based on client goals
- Offering insight and knowledge for correcting, optimizing and improving discovered issues
- Managing and executing all technical SEO resolution efforts to improve site health and performance
- Recognizing errors to resolve as well as schema opportunities for growing and strengthening overall SEO performance
- Creating SOP’s on SEO guidelines
- Providing local SEO strategy & recommendations for optimization
- Uncovering and implementing snippet opportunities
- Performing effective keyword research & analyses
- Collaborating with the Content Strategist to prepare detailed strategy reports
- Providing analysis and instruction for on-page content optimization
- Carrying out competitive research for keywords and SEO techniques
- Devising internal linking strategies, competitor analysis for opportunities
- “Big picture” evaluations and link building opportunities, including minimizing poor link structures
To be considered, we ask that you have:
- 3-5 years of SEO experience, preferably agency experience
- A Google Analytics Certification
- 3 years minimum experience with Google Analytics
- 3 years minimum experience using SEO Tools, including SEMRush, Ahrefs, Majestic, Moz Pro, Moz Local, GSC, Bing Webmaster tools
- 3 years minimum of link building experience
- 2-3 years of WordPress experience
- Autonomous and collaborative working skills
- Self-motivation & professional development goals
- A deceased ego, open to receiving feedback from the team
We’d like it if you had:
- Familiarity with the legal, pharmaceutical or medical fields
- An understanding of PPC
Why join Obu?
At Obu Interactive, we work hard. There isn’t much time for anything else, including nonsense. Our line of work is special in that we gain deep satisfaction from knowing that our marketing efforts have the potential to change a person’s life. It should matter to you that the people viewing our work are relying on it to help them make a potentially life-changing decision. We get to be a part of that, and it makes us feel pretty darn excited and accomplished at the end of the day.
How do I apply?
If you like what you’ve read and want to chat about joining our team:
- Please email a resume of your work history, your salary requirements and a unique message in a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “SEO Specialist” in the subject line
- Include in your cover letter: a few of your favorite content marketing blogs, a bit more about yourself, such as personal goals, hobbies, community involvement or anything else that you’re proud of!
- Please include an explanation if you worked for less than a year at more than one position
We will check references, conduct a background check, and have lots of questions!
Equal AF opportunity employer
Serious inquiries only
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Remote possible