Join the Team
Social Media Manager
Our team is looking for a full-time Social Media Manager to manage our agency’s social media marketing and advertising. This person understands that “best practices” are ever-evolving and that is it vital to always learn new trends and standards.
What we do
At Obu Interactive, we gain deep satisfaction from knowing that our marketing efforts have the potential to change a person’s life.
Imagine that you’re writing to someone who just lost their home in the Northern California fires, or was knowingly sold a defective prosthetic hip by a billion-dollar corporation.
As you can tell, the nature of our work can be heavy on the heart. We work hard for an industry that helps bring justice to victims across the U.S.; We work with lawyers.
Still interested? Awesome.
What you’ll do
- Create and implement comprehensive social media marketing plans for each client:
- Brand development
- Identifying the target audience
- Clear goal setting
- Establishing visual design and content strategy
- Cultivating authentic engagement (we don’t use bots)
- Regular 90-day reports on ROI for management and clients
- Content creation, curation and management
- High-quality original content only
- Reputation management
- Monitoring and responding to comments
- Responding to negative feedback and reviews
- Editorial calendar creation
- Create a regular publishing schedule and promote content through social advertising
- Apply social media production and management tools
- Produce SOPs for social media best practices and guidelines
- Oversee design (ie: Social media graphics for Facebook cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, Blog, etc.)
- Assist the Paid Search Manager on social media advertising efforts
To be considered, we request that you have:
- 3+ years of experience as a social media manager or similar role, preferably at an agency
- A strong command of the English language
- Impeccable proofing skills, including for grammar and typos
- Fluency in Canva or Photoshop
- A/B testing or other testing method experience
- An awesome portfolio of previous work and measurable results
- A knack for breaking down complex thoughts into simple, engaging content (this is legal marketing, after all)
- A marketing degree (preferred, but not a must if you have comparable experience)
- Familiarity with the legal, pharmaceutical or medical fields (preferred)
Qualities we’re looking for:
- Passion for social media and all things internet marketing
- Autonomous and collaborative working skills
- Self-motivation & professional development goals
- A deceased ego, open to receiving feedback from the team
Perks of joining Obu:
Having our remote team members in-office called for a photo!
- The Remote Work Lifestyle, including three work-from-home days a week, plus remote working options during extended travel. We’ve worked from Saudi Arabia to China!
- Professional Development. Ready to grow your skillset and add to your toolbelt? We’ll support you 100% and even help pay for training.
- 100% Medical & Dental Coverage after 60 days of being on board full time, plus a competitive salary.
- A Healthy Work Culture. We foster an environment where all are safe to learn, ask questions and be treated with dignity in their respective roles.
- Free Parking Downtown! Don’t worry about finding a place for your wheels when you come to work – we’ve got you!
- Become a Leader at a Growing Company that’s ready to listen to your ideas and trust you with the responsibility you’re looking for.
How do I apply?
Please email a resume of your work history, your salary requirements and a unique message in a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Social Media Manager” in the subject line. *Include an explanation if you worked for less than a year at more than one position.
We will check references, conduct a background check, and have lots of questions!
Equal AF opportunity employer
Serious inquiries only
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Location: Full-time remote possible