Join the Team
Our team is looking for a full-time UI/UX Designer to develop highly-effective user experiences for two primary deliverables: lead generation campaigns and web development projects. To be successful in this role, you must be analytical, creative and extremely curious.
This person must be highly motivated, has experience working in a fast-paced environment, and has a passion for understanding user behavior.
What we do
At Obu Interactive, we gain deep satisfaction from knowing that our marketing efforts have the potential to change a person’s life.
Imagine that you are crafting a landing page for someone who was a victim of a sexual assault or workplace harassment. Suppose you are doing user research on a parent or grandparent who was knowingly sold a defective prosthetic hip by a billion-dollar corporation forcing them to endure painful surgeries and limiting their mobility.
As you can tell, the nature of our work can be heavy on the heart. We work hard for an industry that helps bring justice to victims across the U.S.; We work with lawyers.
Still interested? Awesome.
UI/UX Designer duties include, but not limited to:
- Lead a UI/UX project from research to completion, with confidence in using data and insights to base designs on
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with the content and campaign development team
- Optimize existing user interface designs and provide insight on choices for such changes and updates
- Test for intuitiveness and user experience constantly
- Understand the goals and objectives thoroughly before beginning projects. If you don’t know, ask!
- Illustrate design ideas using mood boards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to team members
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness, navigation, etc.)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback and analytics (heat-mapping)
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Test new ideas before implementing
- Proactively conducts ongoing user research
- Continuous learning: The UI/UX Designer should always strive to learn new trends as it is a crucial element to their success. With constant shifts in UI/UX design, it is essential to continue learning in order to remain highly effective.
To be considered, we ask that you have:
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role, preferably 2+ years at an agency
- A strong interest in creative direction and the work involved in executing a vision based on a client’s brand and goals
- An awesome portfolio of previous work detailing measurable results, preferably on landing pages
- Strong analytical skills: Proven experience using heat-maps and Google Analytics are a must
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS is a must
- Team spirit; strong communication and collaborative skills
- Strong time-management skills
- BSc in Design, Computer Science or relevant field
- Familiarity with the legal, pharmaceutical or medical fields (preferred)
- Working knowledge of Unbounce (preferred)
Qualities we’re looking for:
- Passion for design, user experience, user behavior and all things internet marketing
- Strives for producing high-quality work (we don’t tolerate otherwise)
- A team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary.
- Autonomous and collaborative working skills
- Self-motivation & professional development goals
- A deceased ego, open to receiving feedback from the team
- Practices superior time management
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- ***We are seeking someone who has a strong interest in creative direction and has client-facing experience in previous roles***
Perks of Joining Obu
- The Remote Work Lifestyle. We are currently 100% remote due to the Covid19 pandemic. For applicants living in the San Diego area, we would request coming into our local office one day a week (post-Covid)!
- We also offer remote working options during extended travel. We’ve worked from Saudi Arabia to Japan!
- Professional Development. Ready to grow your skillset and add to your toolbelt? We’ll support you 100% and even help pay for training.
- 100% Medical Coverage after 60 days of being on board full time, plus a competitive salary.
- A Healthy Work Culture. We foster an environment where all are safe to learn, ask questions, and be treated with dignity in their respective roles.
- Become a Leader at a Growing Company that’s ready to listen to your ideas and trust you with the responsibility you’re looking for.
How do I apply?
Please complete the form located on the sidebar of this page. You will be required to submit your resume and cover letter, along with your contact information.
In your cover letter, we ask that you include your salary requirements as well as the reasons why you believe you are the best fit for this position. *Please include an explanation if you worked for less than a year at more than one position.
We will check references, conduct a background check, and have lots of questions!
Resume MUST include Portfolio.
Equal AF opportunity employer
Serious inquiries only
Job Type: Full-time
Location: 100% Remote
Salary: Competitive, DOE