Join the Team
The UI/UX Designer develops highly effective user experiences for two primary deliverables: lead generation campaigns and web development projects. To be successful in this role, you must be analytical, creative, and extremely curious. The UI/UX Designer must be highly motivated, have experience working in a fast-paced environment, and have a passion for understanding user behavior.
What we do
At Obu Interactive, we gain deep satisfaction from knowing that our marketing efforts have the potential to change a person’s life.
Imagine that you are crafting a landing page for someone who was a victim of a sexual assault or workplace harassment. Suppose you are doing user research on a parent or grandparent who was knowingly sold a defective prosthetic hip by a billion-dollar corporation forcing them to endure painful surgeries and limiting their mobility.
As you can tell, the nature of our work can be heavy on the heart. We work hard for an industry that helps bring justice to victims across the U.S.; We work with lawyers.
Still interested? Awesome.
- Lead a Web Designer from research to completion, with confidence in using data and insights to create designs
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with the content and campaign development team
- Optimize existing user interface designs and provide insight on choices for such changes and updates
- Test for intuitiveness and user experience constantly
- Understand the goals and objectives thoroughly before beginning projects. If you don’t know, ask!
- Illustrate design ideas using mood boards, process flows, and sitemaps
- Design graphical user interface elements, like menus, tabs, and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches, and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to team members
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness, navigation, etc.)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback and analytics (heat-mapping)
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors, and images
- Test new ideas before implementing
- Proactively conducts ongoing user research
- Continuous learning: The UI/UX Designer should always strive to learn new trends as it is a crucial element to their success. With constant shifts in Web design and how users prefer to consume information, it is essential to continue learning in order to remain highly effective.
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer, Web Designer, or similar role, preferably 2+ years at an agency
- A strong interest in creative direction and the work involved in executing a vision based on a client’s brand and goals
- An awesome portfolio of previous work detailing measurable results, preferably on landing pages
- Strong analytical skills: Proven experience using heat-maps and Google Analytics are a must
- A/B testing or other testing method experience as well
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS is a must
- Working knowledge of WordPress and Divi theme is a must
- Knowledge of wireframe and comp tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, and Figma)
- Team spirit; strong communication and collaborative skills
- Degree in Design, Computer Science or relevant field
- Familiarity with the legal, pharmaceutical, or medical fields (preferred)
- Working knowledge of Unbounce (preferred)
- Passion for design, user experience, user behavior, and all things internet marketing
- Strives for producing high-quality work (we don’t tolerate otherwise)
- A team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary.
- Autonomous and collaborative working skills
- Self-motivation & professional development goals
- A deceased ego, open to receiving feedback from the team
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to the analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Strong interest in creative direction and client-facing experience in previous roles (preferred)
Perks of Joining Obu
- The Remote Work Lifestyle. We are currently 100% remote due to the Covid19 pandemic. For applicants living in the San Diego area, we would request coming into our local office one day a week (post-Covid)!
- We also offer remote working options during extended travel. We’ve worked from Saudi Arabia to Japan!
- Professional Development. Ready to grow your skillset and add to your toolbelt? We’ll support you 100% and even help pay for training.
- 100% Medical Coverage after 60 days of being on board full time, plus a competitive salary.
- A Healthy Work Culture. We foster an environment where all are safe to learn, ask questions, and be treated with dignity in their respective roles.
- Become a Leader at a Growing Company that’s ready to listen to your ideas and trust you with the responsibility you’re looking for.
How do I apply?
Please complete the form located on the sidebar of this page. You will be required to submit your resume and cover letter, along with your contact information.
In your cover letter, we ask that you include your salary requirements as well as the reasons why you believe you are the best fit for this position. *Please include an explanation if you worked for less than a year at more than one position.
We will check references, conduct a background check, and have lots of questions!
Resume MUST include Portfolio.
- Google Meet Interview with Human Resource Associate
- Google Meet Interview with Human Resource Associate and Operations Associates
- Submit Assessment #1
- Submit Assessment #2 (If needed)
- Final meeting with CEO, Operations Associate, and Human Resource Associate.
- Equal AF opportunity employer
- Serious inquiries only
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: 100% Remote
- Salary: $50K- $60K DOE